Friday, January 1, 2010

Interlude: An Intimate Interview With 2009

1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Went overseas; stayed up for 48 hours; made a career change decision; MC'd a wedding, participated in a group photo shoot; had my email account hacked; the list goes on.

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any resolutions this year, or at least I've forgotten them. Hopefully one of them wasn't "Improve my memory."

For 2010 I resolve to make something of my writing and do something with it, to always have a story to write and a project to work on. To clear up my finances and settle into part time work.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin became a father, but they've in another state, so maybe not literally close.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My friend's poodle passed away, I've known the poodle as long as I've known them. Otherwise, fortunately no.

5. What countries did you visit?
England, Scotland, Wales.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
More writing.

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October 12th. Stepped down from being a Team Ldear, and took my first step towards my new work plans.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Realising what I wanted to do, and that it was more important than stability.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Taking as long as I did to realise the above.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
A few colds here and there, fortunately nothing worse.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
The ticket to the UK. Also a playstation 3.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
So many. The friend who has basically planned and executed my holiday. The friend who involves me in their creative projects and inspires me to work harder in my own. All the friends who have been there for me in one way or another.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
The men I know who tried to take advantage of the women I know.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Travel, and random splurging on treats for me.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Foreigner. The new TSO album. The Beatles. Going to the UK. The Alice Shoot. My new plans.

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Don't Stop Believin' by Journey (Glee version, and original)

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i) Happier or sadder? Happier!
ii) Thinner or fatter? Thinner!
iii) Richer or poorer? Poorer, but I've spent it better.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Writing, time with friends.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Random spending.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Went to Inverness Cathedral for a morning church service, then a quiet afternoon with presents, then fancy dinner out in the evening.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
I wouldn't feel confident to go as far as love. But possibly.

23. How many one-night stands?
None. How many next year? None. How many for ever? None.

24. What was your favourite TV program?
Castle was a late challenger, but I'd have to say Cowboy Bebop.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Not hate. But I have extreme dislike for the men in question 13.

26. What was the best book you read?
Nation by Terry Pratchett.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Beatles. Foreigner.

28. What did you want and get?
A wonderful holiday. A goal.

29. What did you want and not get?
As much saved as I'd like, writing opportunities.

30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Sherlock Holmes was pretty darn good, but possibly Up as the favourite.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 25. I had friends over and we had pancakes. It was good.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
In the long run it was completely satisfying. I just kind of wish I had worked things out sooner.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
2008, back for one more year.

34. What kept you sane?
My friends, my iPod, my sense of purpose.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I didn't. Sorry.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Swine Flu. Not political but it was the ONLY issue I got stirred up about. Stupid panic.

37. Who did you miss?
My family, and in alphabetical order, Bec, Cat, Debbie, Jen, Jules, Lexi, Thomas.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Mostly it was the old friends that mattered most this year.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
You're only human. You can't do everything. But you can do a lot.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
Don't stop believing, hold on to that feeling.;

No comments:

Post a Comment