Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Diary of a Mad Writer #3 - I'll sleep when I'm... tired?

Tiredness is becoming a big part of my day.


There has been some improvement since we changed the script, as I'm no longer losing sleep over the impending poor production, now I'm just losing sleep over the impending looking quite good production as I want it do well. Add in new work hours and a reasonably hectic schedule of late and you've got a recipe for... zzz...


Ok I'm back.


To be honest, tiredness is improving greatly, the play is moving forward ahead of schedule and lines are being learnt and blocking is being planned. Fingers crossed we'll have a good production come April 6. The cast definately have the skills, we just need to get there.


It is exciting to be working on first real project since the priorities adjustment of 2009, but the short time frame is definately taking its toll. After the play is completed I am looking to roll back to a slower paced writing schedule, and focus on some of the non performance pieces (although the TV show remains a high priority and the scripts are to be completed by June).


I think for a change of pace I will work on the Zombie survival project next, it'll give me a chance to teach myself Flash (something I've wanted to learn for awhile), which will also work for the upcoming redesign of http://www.fishinblack.com/.


It will also justify the money I spent on teach yourself Flash and ActionScript3.0 text books, but that's another story...


Once TV scripts and Zombie project are completed, work will start in ernest on one of the novels.


Good to have a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment